Mar 26, 2021
The track in this scene runs across a window in the layout room. All of the scenery past the line poles is actually in the window as part of a lift out section. This was recently finished as part of a layout expansion.
An oldie - one of my favorites
(Love the Baldwins)
Loading up the local mixed one foggy morning in Davidsville sometime in 1952.
Good morning from cloudy, cool and windy Northeast Ohio!
Here is this weeks output!
Another Bowser H43 Coal Hopper painted with Scalecoar II Black paint and lettered with Herald King Decals, this makes 14 of these cars in the inventory. 100 Ton car of which the PRR and successors had several thousand.
Athearn PC&F 50' RBL with 14' Door, painted with Scalecoat II Tuscan Red and Silver paints and lettered with Herald King Decals. The SP and its Cotton Belt subsidiary had several hundred of these cars in the canned goods service out of California. The 14' door made for easy forklift use and cars were equipped with air bags to securely keep the loads from shifting.
Last week I took my Athearn Southern GP38-2's to the club along with a raft of the 70's IPD boxcars to run on the Club Layout.
Thanks for looking!
this is last year before I ballasted the layout.
Sharp stuff all around.
Super nice work Brad -- the area turned out great. Also love the big ol' Espee high cube auto parts car.
Thanks, the auto parts box car is one of the old Arnold's that I found on the TB Swap Meet a few years ago.
Gossip on the loading dock
The Bergen National Laser station kit is substantially complete. I have a little more detailing and weathering to do, and I'll be adding LED's at some point. Just over 50 hours went into building it. Over 1000 parts including trimming the shingle strips.
Station is looking mrhedley.
LOOKING GREAT MR. HEDLEY!!!
Thank you all for the compliments! I didn't mention that I accidentally dropped it while trimming the shingle strips that I glued in place. The canopies broke off and all the supports were broken. I had to carefully trim off the old supports, and I was fortunate that Bergen included a ton of them with the kit making repairs easy. I applied an ink/alcohol wash to the roof and the concrete but it made only a subtle difference which can only be noticed by looking very closely.
Mike, please post some photos with the ballast in place. I don't recall seeing any recently.
It must be windy on the back deck. The girls don't seem to be able to control their skirts. LOL
GP9Ms at the engine house. And some new purchased...The Athearn Kenworths are new...and springtime green.
Oh, you noticed !
That should have read;
Station is looking really good mrhedley!
Switching on the Riverbelt Line
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk