Morning all, Sure has been quiet around here lately. I guess it's been as hot everywhere else as it was here. I've been staying in the shop and not getting much done on the outdoor layout. Still, I have a couple of cars to show you. I bought these two earlier this year at the convention in Tampa. Got 'em for a very good price, just couldn't leave them there. They fit perfectly into one of my concepts for an excursion train. After I got home I saw an article in Garden Railways about making a conversion to this exact car that was perfect for my application and I couldn't resist. It involves a modest amount of bashing and took a total of maybe 5 hours. I removed the windows and cut out the window frames leaving every third frame in place. I added some styrene strips to cover the cut areas and painted it in sections. I used Ace rattlecans for the silver roof and purple body and added detail with Model Master colors. For the record, these two paints are compatible with each other. I added some more detail on the trucks which may or may not be prototypical but I liked it. The original interior was removed and I found some park benches at Hobby Lobby that are about the right size. I made a new floor from foam board and placed the benches oriented to the sides. I sorted through all of my figures and painted and added as needed. I do think I need to add some more standing figures in the windows. I have attached photos of one converted car and the other that isn't yet though that will change in the next few weeks. This is the first time I've bashed an existing rail car and I'm pleased with the results. I'm more used to cutting balsa than plastic and it is definitely a different process. Rick H.