SP B-50-15/16 Box Car #MW2417
This is an SP Class B-50-15 or 16 40'6" single-sheathed box car with about 3100 cubic feet. They were probably built between 1925 and 1928 by the Standard Steel Car Co. They were used well into the 1960's. There were many re-builds and variations to the original cars and they were re-numbered. This was is sitting on a siding at the long-closed Shellville Depot, near Napa Valley, CA. It is privately owned with dreams of restoration.