Looking along the actual "King Street" in Seattle's "International District" (or "Chinatown") toward the King Street...
I sanded the edges smooth with sand paper.
I cut the excess styrene off of the street. It was two layers thick, one layer of .04 styrene and one layer of .08 styrene.
Scratchbuilt street running scene with styrene sheet.
Road work in progress.
Test photo after finishing road red brick.
I was only marginally satisfied with the ink wash, so I decided to refinish the road Boxcar Red, then threw in a little Italian Dark Brown.
I was only marginally satisfied with the ink wash, so I decided to refinish the road Boxcar Red.
Test photo after finishing.
I cut new brick road strips and stained them with the ink and alcohol wash.
Oops, I put the brick sheets in upside down. No wonder they look so odd when I finished them. No use trying to live with it, I tore it right out.