Oops, I put the brick sheets in upside down. No wonder they look so odd when I finished them. No use trying to live with it, I tore it right out.
Finish center peice. Oops, I just realized that I put the road in upside down.
Test fit center peice.
Cut the center bricks and glued it to .040" x .250" styrene strips.
Finished the road using ink and alcohol mixture as a wash.
Test photo with road constructed.
Glued brick sheets to road base.
Initially, I thought I could use the edge flashing as sidewalks, but decided they didn't look right. I cut them away.
.020" brick sheets go on top of the road base.
Cut .080" styrene as the road base.
Cut the far side to fit into layout more easily.
I notched the roadbed to mate with the existing trackage.
The middle track joint is soldered
Applying flux to solder the middle joint.
I bonded the track to the new roadbed using Plastruct Plastic Weld.
I mated the new track with existing track that runs beneath the bridge.
I slid a .40" peice of styrene in as the roadbed for the district.
I needed to file the track ends on the North side of the overpass.